Tuesday 2 October 2012

Day 2

The plane to London was so packed!


The flight was the complete opposite to the flight to Hong Kong. It was only two hours longer but it seemed like forever!
The seats were narrow, my chair couldn't recline, and the air hostesses were abrupt and unfriendly.
I was so glad it was over.


I was so woozy after the flight I don't even remember what drink I ordered. I think this was some tropical stuff, pineapple, orange etc. tasted good though. 

Took this photo while we were waiting for the tour bus to come pick us up. We waited for 15 minutes in the pre-dawn cold because there's been a change in the airport roads and our driver was lost.


Remember how in Gnomio and Juliet the owners lived right next to each other? Apparently there's a lot of houses like that in the UK. They're call semi-detached housing. Guess its kind of like our townhouses.
I couldn't take a very good pic of them on the bus (not to mention that I slept through most of the ride).




Pictures of the front of Buckingham Palace. There's pre on my DSLR but I haven't had time to transfer them to my iPad.




I never knew this but apparently the Royal family doesn't like Buckingham Palace very much and don't reside there often. Guess it must be the swarms of tourists visiting each day (you can't seem them in theses photos, but there's queues of people on the sides of the palace, paying to go in).
















Westminster Abbey. Very pretty but much less imposing than I what I thought it would be.




Same with the Big Ben, but that could be because of where we were standing.




And the London Bridge. Did you know the one we usually see in movies isn't really the London Bridge? The one in the movies is called Tower Bridge.












The British Museum is pretty impressive. The artifacts are imposing and some of them are just out in the open (and not hidden behind glass) which means you can get up close and really feel the imposing size of the statue/fresco/artifact eg.
We really should go to some museums when I get back. I want to see whether ours are just as good and I don't know it.




Chinatown. Nothing much to see there. Food was nothing special.
Then around London.
I realise how late my entries are, and I'm sorry. The tour is so rushed I find barely enough time to write before we're rushing off somewhere else.
Last night I went bed at 6pm, local time, in preparation for a 3am morning call.
I know you can already see the photos from Italy on Facebook. I'll try to keep up and give a bit more detail next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment